Dave's World

Miscellaneous thoughts and opinions that I feel the need to discuss.

Name:
Location: Westerville, Ohio, United States

Dave is the owner and manager of a greater Columbus, Ohio real estate investment management firm, Rosewood Holdings, LLC. His company focuses on assisting and educating other real estate investors in building lucrative real estate portfolio's. More information can be found at www.rosewoodholdings.com.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

What's Happening To Our City?

This week, Columbus and mayor Mike Coleman are hosting the 31st annual meeting of the National Conference of Black Mayor's. In light of the seemingly un-ending string of horrendous events occuring with the Columbus Public schools (including the big Mifflin high school incident), I was appalled at what I saw while perusing the agenda for this conference. I've attached a pdf file that details the agenda. The file can also be found at the city's website located here:
http://www.cityofcolumbus.org/

Take a look at page 2 of this document. Thursday's (today's) 11:15am topic is "Youth Day", featuring special guests Ludacris and Mos Def. I guess I'm getting old, but I've not heard either artists' (I use that term lightly) music, but have heard about the supposed vulgarity in Ludacris' music. Well, I searched on google to learn a bit more about Mr. "special guest" Ludacris, and what's linked below is what I found. I'll warn you, the language in his material is unbelievably graphic!! I cannot believe that a mayor of a city the size of Columbus, or any city for that matter, would have the gall to have such a topic of discussion hosted by jerks like this. No wonder our kids are becoming so screwed up! This is so absurd!

Ludacris lyrics here:
http://www.azlyrics.com/l/ludacris.html

Just one small sample of his music here (1st song on the list linked above), but it's all just like this one:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ludacris/ugotaproblem.html

Sorry to get on a soapbox, but this just ticks me off to no end.
Dave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home